- I'll be there for you. These five words I swear to you. When you breathe, I want to be the air for you. I'll be there for you. #80sFriday 6 hours ago
- Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades, oh no. Don't masquerade with the guy in shades, oh no. #80sFriday 8 hours ago
- I knew right from the beginning that you would end up winnin'. I knew right from the start you'd put an arrow through my heart. #80sFriday 9 hours ago
- Walking like a man, hitting like a hammer. She's a juvenile scam. Never was a quitter. Tasty like a raindrop, she's got the look. #80sFriday 10 hours ago
- And just when I thought she was coming to my door, she whispered sweet & brought me to the floor. She said, "I'm only seventeen!" #80sFriday 11 hours ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Tag Archives: A Very Special Christmas
December 25, 2012Posted by on
Today, shopping malls start pumping in the “Christmas cheer” as early as October. And the artists of today produce seasonal songs that, to be kind, is extremely lacking.
Much like the holiday itself, Christmas music — err, holiday songs have become so commercial. These singers are churning out songs simply to make a buck. Hey, that is the American way. And as long as there’s a market for it, they will continue to do so.
To be fair, there have been a few songs here and there in recent years that will stand the test of time for the holidays. Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You” and Bryan Adams’ “Something About Christmas Time” comes to mind. But in my opinion, there hasn’t been a great release of a Christmas song, or songs since 1987’s A Very Special Christmas.
As a fundraising avenue for the Special Olypmics, A Very Special Christmas compiled songs from 15 of the biggest acts of the time. Listening to this CD still holds up through the years. Take a look at the amazing tracks below.