- Young teacher, the subject of schoolgirl fantasy. She wants him so badly. Knows what she wants to be. #80sFriday 38 minutes ago
- Believe it or not, I'm walking on air. I never thought i could be so free. Flying away on a wing and a prayer. Who could it be? #80sFriday 1 hour ago
- She was more like a beauty queen from movie scene. I said don't mind what do you that I am the one? #80sFriday 1 hour ago
- All I wish is to be alone. Stay away, don't U invade my home. Best off if you hang outside. Don't come in, I'll only run & hide. #80sFriday 2 hours ago
- Private eyes. They're watching you! They see your every move. #80sFriday 2 hours ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
December 25, 2012Posted by on
Today, shopping malls start pumping in the “Christmas cheer” as early as October. And the artists of today produce seasonal songs that, to be kind, is extremely lacking.
Much like the holiday itself, Christmas music — err, holiday songs have become so commercial. These singers are churning out songs simply to make a buck. Hey, that is the American way. And as long as there’s a market for it, they will continue to do so.
To be fair, there have been a few songs here and there in recent years that will stand the test of time for the holidays. Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You” and Bryan Adams’ “Something About Christmas Time” comes to mind. But in my opinion, there hasn’t been a great release of a Christmas song, or songs since 1987’s A Very Special Christmas.
As a fundraising avenue for the Special Olypmics, A Very Special Christmas compiled songs from 15 of the biggest acts of the time. Listening to this CD still holds up through the years. Take a look at the amazing tracks below.