- I'll be there for you. These five words I swear to you. When you breathe, I want to be the air for you. I'll be there for you. #80sFriday 2 hours ago
- Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades, oh no. Don't masquerade with the guy in shades, oh no. #80sFriday 3 hours ago
- I knew right from the beginning that you would end up winnin'. I knew right from the start you'd put an arrow through my heart. #80sFriday 4 hours ago
- Walking like a man, hitting like a hammer. She's a juvenile scam. Never was a quitter. Tasty like a raindrop, she's got the look. #80sFriday 5 hours ago
- And just when I thought she was coming to my door, she whispered sweet & brought me to the floor. She said, "I'm only seventeen!" #80sFriday 6 hours ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
My Take on Chick-Fil-A
July 19, 2012Posted by on
Just talked with a reporter for the Washington Examiner about the latest Chick-Fil-A brouhaha. I thought I would share my thoughts as I expressed them to the reporter.
With the recent uproar of Chick-Fil-A opposing marriage equality, I’m not sure why this should come as a shock to anyone. Their religious beliefs have been well-known for years. Have you ever seen a Chick-Fil-A opened on a Sunday?
I fully support a person or a private company’s right to have their own religious beliefs. But when it involves the state, then equal protection under the law should take effect.
If people believe that marriage is a religious institution, then let’s get the government completely out of marriage. No more marriage licenses, no more justice of the peace weddings, no more tax breaks.
At the end of the day, if one looks deeply at the companies one patronizes — eating at Chick-Fil-A, shopping on amazon.com, buying a Coke with your meal — you’ll find a multitude of issues where you and that company disagree. People need to make up their own minds and not succumb to peer pressure. Peer pressure, after all, is another form of bullying.