- Dupont West Moratorium Listening Session. #ANC2B 9 hours ago
- Just completed a 2.07 mi walk - Lunch time stroll. rnkpr.com/a31gszw #RunKeeper 12 hours ago
- Don't target me, bro! In front of the Dirksen Senate Office Bldg. moby.to/0p6k02 14 hours ago
- Just completed a 1.15 mi walk - Were it not for the breeze, I'd need another shower. rnkpr.com/a31d0jp #RunKeeper 18 hours ago
- Reminds me of Stevie Wonder. open.spotify.com/track/3SCpPeSG… 1 day ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
New TV show: Political Animals
July 13, 2012Posted by on
Earlier this week, a dear friend of mine invited me to a private pre-screening she was hosting of the USA Network’s new series, Political Animals, staring Sigourney Weaver as a former presidential candidate & current Secretary of State. Let me just say that Ms. Weaver looks absolutely AMAZING!
The short run series (I guess this is the new term for mini-series) premiere this Sunday (July 15). The show navigates the worlds of politics & family – & women’s roles within them. Let’s see how long it takes you to place the Sigourney’s character with a real-life person.
It’s pretty good. I am actually looking forward to watching it again this weekend and tuning in each week.
From the press release…
USA Network, the #1 cable network, is set to launch a new limited series, Political Animals, which focuses on a former First Family & what happens as they continue to navigate the fast-moving political waters of Washington, DC & their complicated personal lives. While completely fictional, the series explores very real issues pertaining to women’s leadership & difficult balancing acts women in power often face: career & family, public & private, integrity & ambition.
From the acclaimed TV & film producers Greg Berlanti (Brothers & Sisters, Jack & Bobby) & Laurence Mark (Working Girl, Jerry Maguire, Dreamgirls, Julie & Julia), the provocative series (six episodes) will tap into the behind-the-scenes dynamics of a high profile political dynasty & all of the traps & trappings that come with the long & bright spotlight.