- I remember the San Antonio Gunslingers. I think a Raiders move to SA is more of a problem for the Texans than the Cowboys. #NFL 3 hours ago
- Time to queue up that Queen song... another one bites the dust! Federal appeals court ruled Virginia's samesex marriage ban unconstitutional 2 days ago
- "Let's be less concerned about the gay guy in the locker room & more concerned about criminals in the (NFL) League." - SE Cupp 3 days ago
- Just posted a 4.18 mi walk - Chevy Chase Circle at the DC-Maryland line down Connecticut to Adams Mo ... rnkpr.com/a6mnde9 #RunKeeper 4 days ago
- Up & at 'en! Trying an extended route I haven't done in a couple of years. Let's see if I can complete it. 4 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 24, 2012
April 24, 2012Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
A ton of shots to pour today starting with Christian O’Brien, artist Dylan Davis, Marine buddy Jared Pearce, ZX alum Josh Calaguiro, Matt Hammond, and Rob DiBiano. Hope you have great birthday, guys! Whew, I’m tired. I need a drink.
- Biting the Hand that Feeds
When an artist gives the green light to the people at Glee to tackle one of their songs, they general know it’s going to be a “Glee production number.” Guess the folks in Goyte thought otherwise. Now that Glee has sent their hit song back up the charts, they offer a backhanded compliment. Goyte is quoted in the Herald Sun saying, “They did such a faithful arrangement of the instruments but the vocals were that pop ‘Glee’ style…” Um, what did they expect?
- By the Numbers!
DCStreetBlog.org brings up a simple question that people often think about, but never mention out loud in conversation. Is Capital Bikeshare Profitable? Angie Schmitt poses the question while discussing other cities with similar systems. The crux of her article is simple, yet brilliant. “Since its start in September 2010, Capital Bikeshare has taken in $2.47 million and spent $2.54 million on operating expenses. And that doesn’t even include the expensive things, like docking stations—which can cost well over $50,000 each—plus the bikes themselves. Those capital costs, at $7 million thus far, are covered by federal funds.” Things that make you go, hmmmmmm.
- Kangaroo Boxing Club
It’s coming! The new restaurant from my good friend Peyton Sherwood. The name, Kangaroo Boxing Club, comes from “long-running, drink-infused, late-night bar discussions on the fact that, without technology, man is physically unable to compete with the majority of the animal kingdom. How would you win a match with a kangaroo?” according to Peyton. Check out their Facebook page and watch their progress. Oh, and by the by, The PORC Truck will be open outside KBC next Saturday! Stop by and try their delicious offerings.
Your legs are like peanut butter. Easy to spread!
- It’s Official, Secrest In!
At least for the next two yeas, Ryan Seacrest will continue to be everywhere you turn. He just inked a new deal with American Idol. Of course, the details are hush hush.