- I truly think I may have one of the largest Erasure music collections on the planet! 47 albums, singles, remixes and compilations = 1.45 GB 1 hour ago
- This morning I'm listening to The Wild album (UK Version). #CountdownToErasure♬ 'Blue Savannah' - Erasure ♪ twitpic.com/ebrxw2 2 hours ago
- Oh look! Whitney Houston is releasing her first LIVE album... 31 months after she died. #sideeye #shade 1 day ago
- This morning I'm listening to The Innocents album. #CountdownToErasure♬ 'A Little Respect' - Erasure ♪ twitpic.com/ebqqst 1 day ago
- ♬ 'Victim Of Love' - Erasure ♪ twitpic.com/ebpzlj 1 day ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 17, 2012
April 17, 2012Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today’s birthday shot goes out to my very good friend and inspiration Dr. Will Braun, also known as Wilhelmina Van Trappe of the Van Trappes. I’ve known Will since his days of tending bar at the old Hamburger Mary’s on 14th Street in DC (now Churchkey). It addition to being a good bartender, Will turned out to be a great friend as well. He broke my heart and went and moved to NYC. But thanks to the Interwebs we still keep in touch.
- Can I Have Some Chile with that Quake?
A strong earthquake with a magnitude of 6.5 hit central Chile over night. The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake’s epicenter was 30 miles northeast of Valparaiso, Chile, and it had a depth of 15.5 miles. It struck at just before midnight local time (3:50 Tuesday GMT). Chile’s oceanography service discounted the possibility of a tsunami.
- White House Fall Out continues
Tico Almeida, an activist with Freedom To Work, has provided details of the meeting that lead to the White House’s decision to withhold an executive order banning federal contractors from discriminating against the LGBT. And it ain’t pretty! Instinct Magazine has the details.
- DC Budget Autonomy
…from DCist (and Roll Call), “A senior Senate Democratic aide confirmed to Roll Call that Sen. Joe Lieberman, the Connecticut Independent and chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, which has jurisdiction over D.C. affairs, will sponsor a bill severing the link between the city’s budget and the Congressional appropriations process…The text of Lieberman’s budget autonomy bill has not yet been released, but proponents of expanded autonomy for District residents are hopeful that it would not contain riders designed to make a D.C. rights bill more palatable to conservative lawmakers.”