- You know I'm a dreamer But my heart's of gold I had to run away high So I wouldn't come home low 42 minutes ago
- I walk along the city streets youu sed to walk along with me. And every step I take reminds me of just how we used to be. #80sFriday 1 hour ago
- I hate myself for loving you. Can't break free from the the things that you do. I wanna walk but I run back to you... #80sFriday 1 hour ago
- Remember yesterday, walking hand in hand? Love letters in the sand. I remember you. #80sFriday 1 hour ago
- RSVP. It’s a private affair. I just won’t believe that you don’t care. RSVP. Only you & me. I’ll be waiting till you answer me. #80sFriday 2 hours ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Sunday Funday Just Got More Expensive
January 16, 2012Posted by on
JRs Bar on 17th Street in Dupont Circle is known for its cheap specials and happy hours. It’s Sunday special is VERY well known to most gay men in the DC area. For years, you could stop in for Sunday Funday and order an 8oz Skyy vodka cocktail for a buck. About five or six years ago, they doubled the price, but started pouring in 12oz. glasses. Still a great deal!
Yesterday, I made the obligatory trip to visit one of my favorite bartenders, TJ, and noticed that the price had gone up to $3 per drink. While this saddens me a little, I understand full well how costs of things are going up, even for one of my favorite haunts. Let’s hope $3 is the perfect price point for Sunday Funday, and they leave their other specials throughout the week alone.