- Great weather tonight ! Smoking a Padron Anniversary #cigar on my front stoop. 8 hours ago
- Not a bad thing! | RT @politico The 113th Congress is set to go down as the least productive in history. politi.co/1bGdl8P 1 day ago
- Wheels already falling off! | RT @GayPatriot BWAHAHAHA. RT @sunnyright: Charlie Crist's campaign manager quits wesh.com/news/politics/… 1 day ago
- #SillySeason | RT @tomsherwood Candidates, campaigns, echoes of corruption. 2014 Mayor's race gets more interesting by the moment. 1 day ago
- RT @TutoMadrid: James #VoiceSave 1 day ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: May 21, 2010
May 21, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today shots go out to jazz pianist Fats Waller, Perry Mason’s Raymond Burr, rapper Notorious B.I.G., and I pity the fool who forgets Mr. T’s birthday.
- This Day in History
As a shout out to my dear friend British Pat, today back in 1881, humanitarians Clara Barton and Adolphus Solomons founded the American National Red Cross, an organization established to provide humanitarian aid to victims of wars and natural disasters in congruence with the International Red Cross.
- Shameless Plug
Today, I once again grace the pages of the Washington Blade. My post from earlier this week will be in today’s edition of the Blade as an op-ed. Somebody really likes me!
- Death of a Tax
WaPo is reporting this morning that a majority of DC Council members are signaling their opposition to a 1-cent-per-ounce tax on soda, probably killing the proposal for the year. Let’s hope reason doesn’t stop there.