- .@TroyAikman I miss having an amazing QB leading our @dallascowboys. #GoodOleDays #Superbowls 7 hours ago
- Just completed a 3.51 mi walk - Walked back home from National Book Festival at the Convention Center. rnkpr.com/a70o47i #RunKeeper 9 hours ago
- Watching my cigar buddy @jonallendc speak at the National Book Festival twitpic.com/eb0jsd 11 hours ago
- I'm late for the National Book Festival! 12 hours ago
- She don't want no wild romance. When she's with me she only wants to dance. She wants to dance with me. #80sFriday 1 day ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: May 21, 2010
May 21, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today shots go out to jazz pianist Fats Waller, Perry Mason’s Raymond Burr, rapper Notorious B.I.G., and I pity the fool who forgets Mr. T’s birthday.
- This Day in History
As a shout out to my dear friend British Pat, today back in 1881, humanitarians Clara Barton and Adolphus Solomons founded the American National Red Cross, an organization established to provide humanitarian aid to victims of wars and natural disasters in congruence with the International Red Cross.
- Shameless Plug
Today, I once again grace the pages of the Washington Blade. My post from earlier this week will be in today’s edition of the Blade as an op-ed. Somebody really likes me!
- Death of a Tax
WaPo is reporting this morning that a majority of DC Council members are signaling their opposition to a 1-cent-per-ounce tax on soda, probably killing the proposal for the year. Let’s hope reason doesn’t stop there.