- RT @netflix: So, the 'thumpa thumpa' continues. It always will.No matter what happens. Queer as Folk #NowOnNetflix http://t.co/cHZmU7MQim 1 hour ago
- RT @DCLogCabin: Join us tonight --> Reception Benefiting @Richard_Tisei & @carldemaio on.fb.me/1pA3c1Y 3 hours ago
- RT @DCGOP: RT @willsommer Jeff Thompson’s shadow campaign in three charts. washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/looselip… http://t.co/slbA6tMfPz 21 hours ago
- RT @kcivey: Yet another Evans mailer today, this one reminding me that he'll do anything for you if you own a sports team. #DCision14 21 hours ago
- RT @matthewhurtt: .@LogCabinGOP's @gregorytangelo talking to the Alexandria YRs. Really good discussion. http://t.co/OiYtfVQmJ3 21 hours ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: May 21, 2010
May 21, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today shots go out to jazz pianist Fats Waller, Perry Mason’s Raymond Burr, rapper Notorious B.I.G., and I pity the fool who forgets Mr. T’s birthday.
- This Day in History
As a shout out to my dear friend British Pat, today back in 1881, humanitarians Clara Barton and Adolphus Solomons founded the American National Red Cross, an organization established to provide humanitarian aid to victims of wars and natural disasters in congruence with the International Red Cross.
- Shameless Plug
Today, I once again grace the pages of the Washington Blade. My post from earlier this week will be in today’s edition of the Blade as an op-ed. Somebody really likes me!
- Death of a Tax
WaPo is reporting this morning that a majority of DC Council members are signaling their opposition to a 1-cent-per-ounce tax on soda, probably killing the proposal for the year. Let’s hope reason doesn’t stop there.