- RT @DCGOP: Join us TONIGHT for a Kris Hammond for Council Chairman fundraiser. Visit dcgop.com for details. @DCLogCabin @DCYRs… 6 hours ago
- Aretha Franklin is ALWAYS a good way to start off a Monday morning! 2 days ago
- This is ALWAYS a good smoke! twitpic.com/e8j7px 3 days ago
- Now that To Wong Foo is done, time for a Fuente Opus X #cigar. twitpic.com/e8j0y2 3 days ago
- Commence Gay Movie Night. To Wong Foo, with @powalenya 4 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Is Costco Really Coming to DC?
April 13, 2010Posted by on
This morning, Mayor Adrian Fenty was to make a big announcement about bringing a Costco to DC. The press conference was supposed to be held at 33rd and Fort Lincoln Drive, Northeast, where Hizzoner would announce a financing package to bring the first Costco and Shoppers Food to the District.
But the press conference was abruptly canceled. What’s going on?
Last month, the Washington Business Journal said that Costco has signed a letter of intent to occupy a shopping center in the Fort Lincoln neighborhood of Northeast DC.
Okay, now what?!