- Someone tried to serve me papers today. Couldn't get through security. #tryharder 14 hours ago
- #holyshit Just saw an ad for Mark Warner... by John Warner! 15 hours ago
- RT @DCGOP: Thank you @JoeNBC for speaking at our Lincoln-Douglass Dinner Monday night and bringing the lovely @morningmika. @Morning_Joe 2 days ago
- Smoking a cigar at madamsorgan with @DJayyyyyyyyyy on a rainy night. instagram.com/p/ucAaDImVve/ 2 days ago
- Ok here's a first: a major donor wants to set me up on a blind date. Hoe do I navigate this mindfield? 5 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
A Systemic Failure in Homeland Security
December 29, 2009Posted by on
I’m not quite ready to call for the resignation of Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, but what the hell is going on over there?
Did she really expect anyone to buy her line on Saturday that “the system worked,” only to have to walk it back less than 24 hours later. Of course, Republicans on the Hill quickly jumped on that statement, but so too did many Democrats.
Now we hear that the CIA had been tracking Abdulmutallab since August. So the failure to connect the dots throughout the various agencies seems to get more egregious each day.