- Time to queue up that Queen song... another one bites the dust! Federal appeals court ruled Virginia's samesex marriage ban unconstitutional 1 day ago
- "Let's be less concerned about the gay guy in the locker room & more concerned about criminals in the (NFL) League." - SE Cupp 2 days ago
- Just posted a 4.18 mi walk - Chevy Chase Circle at the DC-Maryland line down Connecticut to Adams Mo ... rnkpr.com/a6mnde9 #RunKeeper 3 days ago
- Up & at 'en! Trying an extended route I haven't done in a couple of years. Let's see if I can complete it. 4 days ago
- Preach! | RT @DCHomos Truth http://t.co/9J4cJOBfAe 4 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
A Systemic Failure in Homeland Security
December 29, 2009Posted by on
I’m not quite ready to call for the resignation of Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, but what the hell is going on over there?
Did she really expect anyone to buy her line on Saturday that “the system worked,” only to have to walk it back less than 24 hours later. Of course, Republicans on the Hill quickly jumped on that statement, but so too did many Democrats.
Now we hear that the CIA had been tracking Abdulmutallab since August. So the failure to connect the dots throughout the various agencies seems to get more egregious each day.