- Time to queue up that Queen song... another one bites the dust! Federal appeals court ruled Virginia's samesex marriage ban unconstitutional 10 hours ago
- "Let's be less concerned about the gay guy in the locker room & more concerned about criminals in the (NFL) League." - SE Cupp 1 day ago
- Just posted a 4.18 mi walk - Chevy Chase Circle at the DC-Maryland line down Connecticut to Adams Mo ... rnkpr.com/a6mnde9 #RunKeeper 2 days ago
- Up & at 'en! Trying an extended route I haven't done in a couple of years. Let's see if I can complete it. 2 days ago
- Preach! | RT @DCHomos Truth http://t.co/9J4cJOBfAe 3 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Part 2: November 3rd, The Spin (New Jersey)
November 4, 2009Posted by on
NEW JERSEY (Republican pick up) –
Republicans will say that Jon Corzine was a failed governor who reneged on his promises to reign in property taxes and argued endlessly with the state legislature, which often resulted in stalemates. Here as well, the GOP will point to the fact that New Jersey is and has been a blue state for quite some time. President Obama handily won the state by 15 points against Sen. John McCain (R-AZ). So the 20 point swing, in spite of POTUS going to the state five times to campaign for Corzine shows that even in the deep blue something that is New Jersey, Obama-fatigue has set in. They will say the results were a rejection of the president’s policies.
Democrats will say… well, they won’t know quite what to say. They had thought all along that they could pull this one out. They had thought by making robo-calls on behalf of Daggett, the independent candidate, they could cipher votes away from fatso, I mean, Christie. They will instead focus on NY-23
Bottom Line: The fat lady has sung for Jon Corzine. Oh, and by the by, in 2009, Obama carried NJ independents 51-47. Christie demolished Corzine among indies, 58-31. Could it have been something to do with corruption in the state? Things that make you go, hmmmmm.
More to come later… tired. Must. Get. Sleep!