- RT @secupp: ▶ Today on @ThisWeekABC: Conservatives have got to move on gay marriage (and gay adoption). clip.gs/6ij 5 hours ago
- Happy Easter! He's Alive, by Dolly Parton youtu.be/UbRPWUHM80M 6 hours ago
- Just posted a 6.71 mi walk - #RunKeeper rnkpr.com/a5lflr7 1 day ago
- There's things that you guess & things that you know. There's boys you can trust & girls that you don't. #80sFriday 2 days ago
- You know I'm a dreamer But my heart's of gold I had to run away high So I wouldn't come home low 2 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Part 2: November 3rd, The Spin (New Jersey)
November 4, 2009Posted by on
NEW JERSEY (Republican pick up) –
Republicans will say that Jon Corzine was a failed governor who reneged on his promises to reign in property taxes and argued endlessly with the state legislature, which often resulted in stalemates. Here as well, the GOP will point to the fact that New Jersey is and has been a blue state for quite some time. President Obama handily won the state by 15 points against Sen. John McCain (R-AZ). So the 20 point swing, in spite of POTUS going to the state five times to campaign for Corzine shows that even in the deep blue something that is New Jersey, Obama-fatigue has set in. They will say the results were a rejection of the president’s policies.
Democrats will say… well, they won’t know quite what to say. They had thought all along that they could pull this one out. They had thought by making robo-calls on behalf of Daggett, the independent candidate, they could cipher votes away from fatso, I mean, Christie. They will instead focus on NY-23
Bottom Line: The fat lady has sung for Jon Corzine. Oh, and by the by, in 2009, Obama carried NJ independents 51-47. Christie demolished Corzine among indies, 58-31. Could it have been something to do with corruption in the state? Things that make you go, hmmmmm.
More to come later… tired. Must. Get. Sleep!